Monday, May 18, 2009

The 1st of Many Posts in the Next 14+ Months...

I'm going to try and keep up with this as much as I possibly can. I want to share with the wedding party and some family as well as friends what's going on to make this wedding happen. =)

Well I belive I accomplished a few things wedding related today. That's always a plus. =)

I called Mammoth Park today (are #1 Ceremony Location Choice). It was quite stressful and I'm sort of worried we might not be able to get married where we had wanted to.

At Mammoth there is a "penninsula" on the lake and we were hoping to be married there surrounded by the water and the gorgeousness of the lake/park.

A quick drawing on paint of the ceremony location we want

1. I called the number they have listed for questions and was greeted by a very kind/friendly woman who informed me that I wouldn't be able to send in for the "special" permit until the 1st of July, but the date would definitely be available. I then started to ask her some other questions of which she wasn't sure of the answer and told me to call back after 2pm, when the reservationist would be back from her lunch.

2. 2pm rolled around and I picked up and dialed the phone. The nice woman answered the phone again and told me I would have to hold a few minutes because the reservationist was on the other line. Next thing I know I'm being gretted by a very rude and abrupt woman. "Hello." Not how can I help you or anything! I waited for her to say something else and she didn't. I then explained why I was calling and she asked me when the wedding was and I told her July 2010. She then cut me off before I even got to explain anything and was like "I can't do anything for you, you don't book until at the most a year before here." So I then had to explain that I knew all of this already because I had talked to the "nice" woman. "Okay? So what do you want?" You'd really think she could have been nicer.

3. The place we wanted to get married. "The Penninsula" is according to her (and I have half the mind to not believe her) off limits for weddings and there are only 2 places you can be married at.

Now I was quite upset and didn't even think about calling back to complain so I plan to do that tomorrow. There is no reason to be THAT rude. I mean yes, people have bad days, but wow. I later found on the permit "application" a place for "Site Requests" in the park and "Special Requests." So we we are still going to try for the pennisula and if we get denied we still have year+ to continue the search for another "perfect" location. I do really hope this all works out though.

Throughout the day then I worked on our design for the Save the Dates we're going to be sending out. I plan to have them made into small magnets (maybe business card sized). I'm still not happy with the font on the tree and I'm currently looking for font that looks "carved," but it's "in the making" still. I really like them though, they designed theirselves practically. I started with picture, added the calendar, found the hearts, changed the colors to ours, and it just took off from there. Hopefully they'll come out as nice as I'm hoping for. I'll probably order them through Vista print in increments so that I can maybe just get them for shipping costs. Woot woot!

Here it is! =)

On another note I've made progress with the origami cranes I'm doing for the reception head table decoration. I have 12 more green ones to do and I'll have the 76 I need to make my design. Then all I need is 924 white ones! Haha! I'm behind on my "2 a day" I was trying for, but I'll catch up. Right now I'll have to do 2.13889 in order to finish by the day of the wedding. It's nice when we go on trips though I fold them like a maniac in the car. Haha! I better order the white paper here soon too.If you're confused click on the picture at the top left of the blog and it will bring up our wedding website. I explain what they are and what I'm doing with them on there.

My 1st Crane

Josh's 1st & only completed Crane ;)

They're going to hang kind of like this

The design for the cranes

Just some of the cranes I have done in the glass bowl thing I bought at a flea market for $1 for the cookie buffet we're doing =)

I believe that's all for now. I'm hoping to also book the firemen's club this coming week. Josh said he would do that, so I guess we're on our way. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment