Thursday, May 21, 2009

Oh What a Bargain! =)

As most of you know I got my wedding dress back in February 2007. Yes I bought it wayyy early, but it was $50, beautiful, and fit me near perfectly. I've since lost weight and it fits more perfect than it did before now.

I've been searching high and low for a veil, headpiece, shoes, and jewelry that I like. The shoes have been the hardest. I haven't found even one pair I was really happy with and just wanted to buy right away.

Yesterday, I was visiting my mom and dad in PA when my mother tells me she just bought 4 pairs of heels at Payless for $32 the other day. Holy cow. She's not one to wear heels so I just had to see. The first pair she showed me my mouth just dropped. I've been looking for a wedding shoe for soooo long and have seen nothing I really liked. I don't know why but I just love these and she paid $8 for them. So they are now my "something borrowed." =)



Now as to that tradition of "Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue," this is what I have so far:

Something Old: ???
Something New: My Dress of Course! =)
Something Borrowed: Mom's Shoes
Something Blue: I don't want to do the "typical" garter so I'm thinking of stealing this idea one knottie had

This was the bride's new intials..I just think it's a cute fun little detail and non traditional so this is a definite possibly, though I'm still open to ideas

I'm at a loss of what to do for Something Old though. I've tried to find an older veil of friends and or family members, but I have yet to find anything I like. Maybe I'm too picky? Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment